Japan and I
Japan became my passion after my intercultural experience in Matsuyama, Freiburg´s partner city in Japan. This encouraged me to read Japanese Studies at the University of Bonn.
For the past 23 years I have been devoted to the Japanese people, their country, their language and thinking, their culture and tradition as well as the science and the economy. With two half-Japanese daughters Japan has become my second home.
As the owner of Tamura Intercultural Service I have turned my hobby into my profession. As an expert for intercultural matters it is my intention to support companies, associations and private persons alike to add value to their understanding of their German and Japanese working and living environments.
As a result of my strong interest in both Germany and Japan, I set up Tamura Intercultural Service. I offer German and Japanese classes, interpreting and translating services, to help you understand cultures and master your communication.
German-Japanese Professional Experience
- Business Development Manager, FOCUS Clinical Drug Development, Neuss, Germany
- Lecturer for Marketing and Consulting at the German-Japanese-Industrial Council, DJW and Japan External Trade Organisation, JETRO in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Assistant to Partner at Roland Berger Strategiy Consultants GmbH and Mitsubishi International GmbH, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Project Management for the Research Coordination Office of the May-Planck-Institute for Iron Research (MPIE), Düsseldorf, Germany
- Student assistant, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Bonn, Germany, responsible for translating German newspaper articles into Japanese, research of educational and scientific system in Germany, accompanying Japanese delegations, coordinating the organisaion of yearly symposiums
My Profile: I am a consultant, trainer and language teacher for Japan and Germany
- Ph.D. in Japanese Studies (Major), Political Science and Economics (Minor) at the Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelms-University, Bonn
- Dissertation subject: "Labour migration and social development in Japan taking into particular consideration the integration perspectives of Brazilian Nikkeijin employees in the small town of Mitsukaido"
- Studies of German as a Foreign Language and a licence to teach German as a second language at Bonn University
- Teaching internships at the Goethe Institutes in Tokyo and Düsseldorf
Teaching Experience "Japanese" and "German as a foreign language" in Japan and Germany
- German classes at the Adult Education Centre, Matsuyama, A1
- German classes at the University of Tsukuba (A1/2)
- Individual training "German for Japanese" in Bonn and Düsseldorf A1, A2, B2
- In-house German language teacher in a Japanese company near Düsseldorf A1-C1 and German for Business
- Teacher for German and Japanese at "University for Applied Sciences Rhein-Waal", Japanese for beginners, German A1, A2
Memberships of intercultural associations
- German-Japanese Industrial Council e.V. (DJW)
- German-Japanese Association on the Lower Rhine e.V.
- German Association for the Fellows of the JSPS e.V.
- American Field Service e.V.